What is NAPFA?
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve. NAPFA membership requires:
- strict adherence to a fee-only standard; that is NAPFA members cannot accept compensation in any form from any source other than their clients
- the fiduciary relationship requires that members always put their clients' interests before their own and that they disclose any potential conflict of interest prior to the client making a decision
- prior to granting membership a peer review of the candidate's work output is performed
- peer review ensures that a NAPFA member has the ability to provide comprehensive financial planning across a wide range of potential client needs- investments, taxes, estate planning, college savings, insurance, long-term care insurance, retirement spending, and more
- all new members since 2012 must have the CFP designation
- continuing education of 60 credit hours required every two years